In the last month I've tried and added a few new products to my makeup bag. If you are like me, you prefer to buy makeup based on other people's recommendations. There is nothing so daunting as going to the makeup aisle blind. So I wanted to share my new favorites and then some other likable runner ups with you.
1. Maybelline Color Sensational The Buffs Lipcolor "Bare All"- I've finally found the perfect nude lipstick. This lipstick is an incredibly light color of nude- which I love! My lips are naturally pretty dark and I love lipsticks which are opaque enough to significantly lighten them. This color looks even better with a tan, and will definitely wash out any of you very fair skinned ladies. This is my new everyday go-to color- combined with the next product on my list.
2. NARS Lip Gloss "Striptease"- Compared to the lipstick, this one is pretty pricey, but wow, I love it. This lip gloss is also the perfect shade of peachy nude and has no smell, no taste and it isn't sticky. It's safe to say I'm addicted. Combined with the Maybelline nude lipstick, I've finally found my perfect nude lip recipe. This lip gloss is a must-try- even if you grab it in another color.
3. Younique Moodstruck 3D Lashes- I know everyone has their own opinion about these 3D lashes- but I like them. They are my go-to for everyday longer lashes- even though in general I prefer falsies. But I am not the personality type to apply falsies everyday- these I can do everyday. This new formula seems to clump less than the last and they really do add an 'umph' to my otherwise pitiful lashes. I think they are worth it!
4. Sephora Colorful Ink Cheek Gel "Lotus" - I've been wanting to try a gel blush for some time now and so I decided to try the Sephora brand. In some ways I really like it, but it isn't great for my current complexion. While pregnant my skin has become more splotchy and the gel brings that out. If I put it on top of my concealer/foundation, I feel like the gel removes the cover up and stains the splotches more. But the color it adds is really pretty and I think if you have a clear complexion- this is a good product to go with.
5. Younique Splurge Cream Eye Shadow "Tenacious"- Recently I also tried Younique's cream eye shadow and was surprisingly impressed. The color I tried is the perfect shimmery brown for everyday wear and it seams to stay all day. It costs more than I would spend on eye shadow, but I do find myself reaching for it almost everyday so the cost per wear is already almost down to nothing.
What are your beauty favs as of late? Anything I should try?