Today I thought I'd share a few things I'm loving (and looking forward to) right now- because those are the things I love remembering and the things that make me happy!
1. Kesler is starting Tae Kwon Do this week. Kesler is my second boy and he and I have a unique connection. We both have a LOT of feelings and creativity and fiesty-ness inside of us. Soren and I joke about Kesler having my insides. He's a little me. And he has struggled a bit with trying to keep up with his older brother. Easton is super athletic in every way and Kesler has more specialized talents. Kesler has been a great younger brother, supporting Easton in baseball and soccer this last year and now it is his turn. He has decided to try Tae Kwon Do and I think it will be a good fit for him. I'm so excited to see him try something new and hopefully watch his confidence grow even more though out the process.
2. Decorating our master bedroom. Our room has been the dumping ground in our house for years. We have few dumping grounds, but somehow our room is always one of them. And it just doesn't feel good. This last month, with the help of a friend, I've been putting my bedroom on the priority list and we are finally making something of it. And I'm so excited about how it is turning out! It is really starting to feel more like me, like us and like a place I want to keep clean and relax in. Not dump in. You can see a sneak peek here on Instagram. But I'm definitely planning on blogging the final look once it all comes together.
3. Shopping for small things for baby. This baby is definitely getting spoiled more than my other kiddos were. He is getting the softest blankets, the tiniest moccs, and the cutest newborn sized outfits. It really is true- the youngest always get spoiled. I can't even help it.
4. Breaking in the new Meggan bag from Lily Jade. This bag is the biggest diaper bag I've had yet and oh, how I love a big bag. I've been using it as my mom bag this last month and it has definitely come through in situations where I need to be hands-free (hello backpack!) and in situations where I need to keep my stuff organized inside (hello pockets!). I'm confident this bag will fit all of baby's essentials, as well as toddler, five year old, six year old and mom essentials when the time comes. Thank goodness!
5. Planning the next big steps for Nickel & Suede. I am the first one to hate on vague posts and non-specific comments from businesses and bloggers about upcoming excitement, but it won't stop me from inflicting the same on you. We really have some tremendously exciting and big things coming down the pipeline for N&S. I'm loving seeing God's plans unfold and getting to be a part of how they happen.
What are you loving or looking forward to right now?