TOP- Asos // JEANS- Stitch Fix // SHOES- Steve Madden // CLUTCH- Stitch Fix // CUFF- N&S // EARRINGS- Nickel and Suede (Silver Chrome- large) // SUNNIES- J Crew Factory
Even in the Summer, I can't give up my love of black. Yes, it's dark, yes, it can be hot, and yes, it is definitely the opposite of fun Summer colors. But my closet is full of black and I love how I feel wearing black- especially all black, so whether it is Spring, Summer or Fall- I'll be rocking it. (Proof- see last June's outfit here.) So to make it feel more seasonally appropriate- there are a few details that I rely on to help balance out the black.
1. Adding turquoise jewelry. Turquoise is my favorite kind of jewelry to wear- but it especially screams Summer. Whether it is a stack of bracelets or a pair of earrings or a statement ring- wear it.
2. Cognac or tan accessories. These light warm browns definitely warm up this all black look. I love black and tan together- but you could also do nude or raffia accessories for another kind of Summer/beachy feel.
3. Fringe. I also love adding a fringe detail like these sandals- they add interest and as I've said before, fringe is in this Summer. A fringe cross body bag would also do the trick.
4. Add one bright color- whether it is your shoes, a clutch or on your lips. Keep the look monochromatic by only adding one color pop accessory. Use a neon clutch or swipe on a bright lip with the rest of your black. Your bright color could also be white. Add a splash of white by wearing white sandals or a white clutch.
5. Mix it up with your hair. Try beachy waves, a high pony tail or a cute side braid. Summer time is the perfect season to take a break from your typical heat styling and do something new.
Bonus #6. Fake a tan. A tan is a huge way to make all black look different in the Summer than the Winter. I'm all about skin safety so make sure your tan comes from the spray tan booth or from the bottle. Currently I am using a mix of a spray tan every six weeks and then Banana Boat Summer Color in Deep Dark Color and also Tanwise Foaming Mousse. The rest of my sunless tanning tips can be found here and here.
Do you love your black as much as I do? How do you wear it in the Summer?