Sweater - Thrifted
Jeans - GAP
Shoes - Converse
Shirt - Old Navy
Jeans - American Eagle
Shoes - Old Navy
Scarf - Thrifted
Tee - GAP
Shirt - Thrifted
Jeans - Lucky Brand
Shoes - Thrifted
I'm going to admit that summer is a hard season for me to style. I love so many things about the season, but I'm such a fan of layering that I either do it anyway and sweat to death, or I feel bored with the tee/jeans or shorts/sandal combo. A few ways that I am trying to beat the boredom are:
- Taking advantage of rainy/cooler days to wear light sweaters or layers.
- Seriously distressing or cropping any denim I own.
- Trying out headscarves and hats.
- Scouring thrift stores for vintage tees and tops.
Ideas that I haven't tried yet, but I think might work are:
- Bright lipstick with my everyday tees.
- Mixing up my jewelry, purses, and sunglasses.
- Wearing more loose fitting knit pants.
- Knotting a tee shirt.
What do you do to beat the heat and still feel stylish? Any suggestions you have for me?