This is a meal that my whole family enjoys and tastes great all year long. I loved it so much that I made it again for my birthday dinner! I hope you love it as much as we do!
Chicken with Homemade Pesto
3 chicken breasts cut into 1" strips
1 Tbsp garlic
1 Tbsp vinegar, balsamic
1 tsp salt
4 c. fresh basil
1 c. olive oil
2/3 c. pine nuts (can sub. in walnuts or pecans)
1/2 tsp. black pepper
1/2 c. cheese, Parmesan (grated)
1 c. cheese, Parmesan (shredded)
1 box pasta, Spaghetti or Penne
1. Put chicken, 1 1/2 tsp. garlic, balsamic vinegar and 1/2 tsp. salt into a bag. Freeze.
2. With food processor (or blender) pulse basil and pine nuts a few times.
3. Add remaining 1 1/2 tsp garlic to processor and pulse a few more times.
4. Slowly add olive oil in a constant stream while the food processor is on.
5. Stop to scrape down the sides with a rubber spatula.
6. Pulse until blended and then add 1/2 tsp. salt and 1/4 tsp. pepper.
7. Bag pesto sauce in a quart size freezer bag. Yields about 1 cup of sauce. Freeze.
8. Bag shredded and grated Parmesan cheese in a separate bags. Freeze.
1. Thaw all bags of prepped food.
2. Grill or skillet fry the chicken.
3. Cook pasta.
4. Bring pesto sauce to room temperature and stir in grated Parmesan cheese.
5. Mix chicken, hot pasta, and pesto sauce. Garnish with shredded Parmesan.
I love to serve this with edemame and frozen bake and serve rolls. Serves at least 5. Enjoy!