I mentioned a few weeks ago on that I am in a freezer meals club once a month. It has been wonderful to try new recipes and made my meal planning so much easier! Since so many of you requested that I share the recipes, I'll be sharing some of my family's favorites on Saturdays.
Darn Good Sweet and Sour Pork*
1 pound lean shoulder pork
2 tablespoon Oil
1/2 cup water
2 tablespoon cornstarch
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup vinegar
1 cup pineapple juice
1/4 cup onion, thinly sliced
1/2 cup green pepper, thinly sliced
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 can pineapple, chunks
1. Cut pork into chunks and place into a quart size Ziplock bag.
2. Combine salt, sugar, vinegar, pineapple juice, and soy sauce in separate quart size Ziplock bag.
3. Slice vegetables and bag. Freeze three separate bags.
1. Thaw meat and soy sauce mixture. Brown meat in hot oil. Add water, cover and simmer for 45 minutes.
2. Combine cornstarch with the soy sauce mixture in a sauce pan. Heat until slightly thick- stirring constantly.
3. Pour sauce over hot pork and let stand for 10 minutes. Add vegetables and cook for an additional three minutes.
4. Serve over rice.
My family all LOVED this meal! This will definitely be our new go-to sweet and sour recipe. Enjoy!
*I take no credit for this actual recipe. It was given to me at Hy-Vee in our freezer meal class and I am only sharing it as a family favorite- not an original recipe.